The annual Nominations & Elections cycle for open positions on the NECPA Directorate Board will begin on October 3, 2019.
Apply for a Board position at https://forms.gle/FnW23aC4EfoyEZHe7
Nominate a colleague for a Board position at https://forms.gle/iQ8mdpRCcCzbNxKr5
Nominations & Elections Timeline
|Application & Nomination forms available||October 3, 2019|
|Nomination Form closes||November 1, 2019|
|Application forms due by 12 midnight EST||November 1, 2019|
|Elections open for member voting until 12midnight EST||November 18 - 30, 2019|
|Election results announced to membership||December 6, 2019|
Board positions are professional development opportunities strategically designed to contribute to supporting and advancing higher education practice in New England. NECPA Board members should represent the increasing diversity of our membership as well as have a demonstrated commitment and capacity to deliver on the strategic priorities of NECPA. Board members need to take initiative, be self-motivated individuals, be willing to collaborate with others across the region, and be committed to advancing the profession through local opportunities.
Our Chapter leaders should represent the increasing diversity of our membership, and people of color, indigenous, trans people, women, people with disabilities, and people with other minoritized or silenced identities are encouraged to apply. We also invite individuals of all professional levels (including graduate students) and all higher education functional areas (including faculty, administration, and Senior management) to apply.
(click each title to view a detailed position description)
- President Elect – Elected (will serve as President in 2021 and as Past-President in 2022)
- Connecticut State Coordinator – Elected (term is January 1 2020 – December 31, 2021)
- New Hampshire State Coordinator – Elected (term is January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2021)
- Rhode Island State Coordinator – Elected (term is January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2021)
- Vermont State Coordinator – Elected (special mid-term election, term is January 1 – December 31, 2020)
- Operations Coordinator – Appointed (term is January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2020)
- Equity and Inclusion Coordinator – Appointed (term is January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2020)
Board Member Qualifications and Expectations
- Applicants must be or become a member in good standing with ACPA and NECPA.
- Applicants for President-Elect must have held a position on the NECPA Board for at least once year prior to term start.
- The Executive Board is responsible for NECPA’s financial, programmatic, and strategic success. Most Board members can expect to spend at most 5-10 hours per week on NECPA meetings, activities and projects. The President-Elect should expect about 10-15 hours per week.
- The Board meets by video/phone conference call once per month, with two in-person retreats each year, held in January and June.
- Duties include strategic planning, planing and attending social and professional events as detailed in position descriptions and as availability allows.
- All Board members must uphold the NECPA Mission and Statement of Inclusion and the ACPA Mission and Strategic Imperative for Racial Justice and Decolonization
- All new and incumbent Board members will receive training and support for their roles
Please address any and all questions to President Elect Martha Mazeika at email@example.com
Applications and nominations are now closed. Election info will come soon.