Meet Joseph Lomastro!
What is your current position at Becker College?
- Director for Residence Life and Student Conduct
What do you love about working at Becker College?
- The people that I work with. They are absolutely wonderful people, who are truly dedicated to Becker College and it’s students.
When you aren’t working, how do you spend your free time?
- With my family, my wife Jen, my 4 year old daughter Alee, my 2 year old son Joe. Oh and I must not forget our 2 dogs, Reina and Cooper. We are always looking for new family adventures to go on.
Who inspired you to get involved in Higher Education?
- It was not a single individual. It was a couple of different folks during my undergrad at Salve Regina University when I was a resident assistant.
What is the most valuable lesson you have learned in your career (so far)?
- Consider every option but realize the best one may be the one you started with.
What is on your Higher Ed bucket list?
- Keynote at a national conference.
What advice would you offer to new professionals who are starting their first professional position?
- Own your mistakes, and believe me you will make mistakes. Your supervisor will respect you more if you take responsibility for your mistakes and work to fix them.